JOAD Star Pins
JOAD Star Pins are awarded for scoring achievements. JOAD archers can earn Stars Pins for shooting indoors and/or outdoors with recurve and/or compound bows. A full USA Archery Youth, Adult, or Family membership option is required to participate in the Achievement program, as required in the Club Terms and Conditions Agreement. Click the links below to learn more.
Each Star Pin is a different color, and each has a succuessive number of stars on it to represent the increasing challenge in earning that particular award pin. In order to allow the greatest flexibility in terms of indoors/outdoors, recurve or compound, each pin can be earned in a variety of ways.
In addition to Star Pins, JOAD archers can earn the official “6-Gold” pin when they shoot six 10’s in a row – either in a single 6 arrow end, or in two consecutive 3-arrow ends.
Guidelines for the Scoring Matrices
1. Archers participating in the JOAD and Adult Achievement Award Programs will not be asked to re-earn any pins they have already been awarded.
2. Archers should earn pins one at a time, in consecutive order.
3. Archers progressing through the scoring matrices should use the new scoring guidelines starting with the next pin they are working toward.
4. If an award level has more than one distance/target size, the club leader will choose what target face to have the archer positioned at based on the skill level and experience of the archer.
5. To earn an a JOAD Olympian Award the archer will be required to shoot the distance and target face that corresponds to their JOAD Class at National Events (i.e. Bowman, Cub, Cadet, Junior).
6. The Achievement Program is not based on gender.
JOAD Achievement Lanyards
JOAD Archers can display their Stars Pins on lanyards designed for their archery specialty. Each lanyard holds all Stars pins as well as the optional 6- Star Gold pin.
JOAD Archers can earn advanced levels of recognition with the Olympian Award Levels-Bronze, Silver and Gold. An archer reaching these levels is honored with special recognition from the USA Archery Office. Please click here for the JOAD Olympian Request Form.